Monday, March 27, 2006

"There is nothing with being a monster, is there? As long as we can stay alive."

What a catchy way to end a story... it's an interesting story, entitled Villon's Wife by Dazai Osamu. I just think Japanese story/tale, even dorama, has its own uniqueness. I am interested or should I say attracted to read and watch Japanese works. But, still the old ones are a bit boring, probably because of the low quality (I'm discussing about the classic movies here).

Just now, I got a call from very far... it's been a while we've talked to one another... but still, the bond is there.. you know, when people travel and been apart, they should think of a way to communicate and keep in touch. Yesterday night, I called mom asking about our family trip to mom's village, a relative of ours died and being brought for burial from Kuantan to Bukit Betong (those who do not where this place is, just to let you know it's in the Lipis region, same region where Siti Nurhaliza dies ehehehe I mean came from). So, it was sad to know a very good guy passed away, ahead of his own father. His father, who is my Paklong, is still healthy and strong. But people always say God let the good ones to return back earlier by giving them shorter lifespan. What about me? Am I going to have a short or long time to live in this temporary world? Don't you feel anxious? Even the story Villon's Wife mentioned that women have no idea about happiness and unhappiness (which I don't really agree) but men only know unhappiness (I was laughing actually :D)... because of the unhappiness as the fate of men, the guy in the story always thinks of dying as the solution of his miserable life, but he said one thing that holds him back from dying, that is God...

I think, the author has a good grasp about one thing, that is survival. Every human being seems to have fear of death, which is why the Prophet reminded his ummah about having the sense of fear of death as a way for reminding oneself the true goal in this temporal life. When the time comes, people say you'll know because you'll get the sign about 3 days before you die, that's why a paper known as paper nyamuk, as called by my best friend, loves to report any news about events before the deceased ones were found dead, naturally or by accident or by whatsoever means of ceasing from existence. The word existence is actually is felt when one feels fear when thinking about death, that's because survival is an instinct. That's what Hitler believes to be the reason why he should supressed weaklings with the ideology of Survival of the Fittest, which was first introduced by Herbert Spencer.

Why should I mention about this? I should care less about talking this nonsense to anyone coz poeple tend to forget. I myself always forget things which are important to be done and remembered, that is the reason why I feeling under and that's a reason sometimes I feelin' down, even Black Eye Peas knows better :D

___________________
When a day comes, were you smiling? But what about the following day, ain't you afraid of dying? Be a logotherapist, so you'll see the future like your yesterdays....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home