Thursday, March 23, 2006

I only managed to type the title of my paper which will be due the next day, I mean tomorrow hehehe... owh as usual, the best time to type a paper is the night before the due date, don't ya think?

This is a paper for my Japanese literature class, I'm so lazy lah... not because I don't want to type, it's mainly because I don't have anything to talk about the story of Snow Country by Kawabata, the first Japanese to win the Nobel Prize for Literature... when will a Malaysian get one? To me, I don't even care, to produce a piece is good enough, but to gain a recognition through an award, shouldn't be something to strive for... otherwise the quality of your work will only be enough for the award, nothing more... I'm talking nonsense here... those with talent in writing and composing a good sakubun (composition/essay)... like Kawabata, this guy is crazy... coz you know what, he's one of the Japanese authors who committed suicide, crazy enough to be a damn good author... because to live life like Kawabata's is crazy... because he loves beauty through reflection... and something that is called 'wasted beauty' is the element that describes beauty... to see things indirectly, how could you live life that way without insanity?

I should start writing my paper, with a thesis in my mind, sounds like this: "Kawabata is one of crazy author," or should it be like this: "To see beauty, one has to find 'wasted effort', because ugliness and sadness is the true essence of beauty in reflection." What am I talking about?

_________________
It is interesting to be an author because you are the one who controls the scenario... but it is way not interesting to just read with intention to know what actually happens... it should be more interesting when a story gives you, the readers, the power to determine (what will or) actually happened... have you ever stumble upon that kinda story? Read Japanese literature, they really loves to end a story without an ending, should I say with an 'open ending.' You decide what will happen next! You choose your own way of life, what do you want to happpen next until the final breathe you are given to exhale from your stuffed chest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home