Friday, December 02, 2005

Feels like my chest is being compressed... erk, naa it's only because of the weather... right now the temperature is -11 Centigrade, but the feels like is -19 Centigrade... heh, need to wear more layers before going to class... got quiz to score, still need some time to memorize the japanese vocab, it's only the verb, so it won't be too much... this is the only course I enjoyed doing this semester coz this kinda the most easy coz I ever took in my life, what can you say, it's a beginner level class, should be like a kindergarten or primary school level of studies... you need to memorize words, but the most important you also learn the basic grammar, I'm lovin' it! Grammar is so fun, like arabic grammar (which we call "nahu"), I really enjoyed learnin 'em.... even English grammar is fun too!

Japanese is, to me, a language that communicate backwards, coz they speak the objeck first and then the verb... that's not what really attractive about the language, though... but the most catchy element is the indirectness composed in the language... you don't have to speak the whole thing again and again, just one word would suffice... how fun! The inflicted meaning can be indirectly reflected by one word... whether you talk about the future or the present, it doesn't matter, if you are part of the conversation, you should understand the context... fun eh? Fun coz I like indirectness... but still, my most preferred language is Arabic, coz one word can be translated to so many thing, so it can be interpreted in so many ways... no matter how sure you are about the translation of the Holy Quran, you can still dig the gold and silver when you understanding the meaning differently... when you contemplate, you'll find so many meanings encompassed in 'em... that's why Quran is the root of knowledge, coz it's the root of roots, the root of everything as guidance for us, pathetic human beings....

argh, my chest is killin' me... I should wear more layers now... Jaa ne ('til then)!

_________________________
The bright warm day is an extraordinary gift for those who experienced extreme cold weather... and snow is damn cold, so it's not a very friendly entity... don't play-play, but do pray-pray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home