Saturday, October 08, 2005

Two days of spiritual exploration...

Yesterday, helped my ex-classmate learning how to do wudhuk and prayer. Though he missed Friday Prayer, I lead the Zuhur prayer for him to follow me. After that, sat down with him teaching the Arabic recitation. Wrote the Arabic pronunciation in Roman letters, he managed to read my hand writing coz he did very well reciting the Arabic verses of the Opening Chapter (Surah al-Faatihah). The experience made me crying inside. I was in the state thinking of me being in his shoes, believing in God but has no guide in order to practice the belief I have. But, alhamdu liLLAH, I'm glad God gave me the opportunity to show my new brother. Before leaving the prayer room, I gave him a Muslim name, Muhammad. We were joking about rushing to the DMV to change his name. Then, we laugh. What a sweet time, having a good time with my new brother in Islam.

This morning, went to DMV, helping my buddy to do his road test. At DMV, met Qiu Qiu, my classmate in the graduate course. Had a short discussion about Islam. Glad to explain Islam to her, since she mispercieved and misunderstood the word Muslim and Islam. Hope she'll find a way to learn more about Islam, not just believing in Christianity without knowing the difference between Islam and Christianity. Many people do not know what is the difference, and I can say most Americans have misperception about Islam. The media in Western world had put wrong idea about Islam and Muslims, the people. I'm glad as I helped Qiu Qiu to understand what's the similiarity between Islam and Muslim. Maybe some other people will also think, Muslim is terrorist but Islam is not. Why the discussion started just now? Just because I hold a tafsir by Sayyid Qutb, it was all from the book that opened me a chance for the discussion. Never think of such power a book could have. But, there should be no surprise because a book is a written text, and the first revelation of God mentioned the word "read" and "pen." So, we should believe, there is power in pen and its products.

_____________________________
What I'm trying to say here, dakwah could be done to Muslims and non-Muslims... but what has you prepare for yourself when the opportunity to call the people suddenly appears in the line?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home