Friday, September 16, 2005

When you wake up, what do you feel? I feel like I wanna see the sun rises... but hey, i missed it! Should see it for my homework assignment... haha... I need to monitor sunrise for 3 weeks... but today's morning is cloudy, so I could not see the sun. I feel like I wanna made up facts for the assignment... I forgot to watch moon yesterday, when watching the moon, I'll see crab or I'll remember someone hehe... I saw on TV yesterday at night before I went to bed that we can see harvest moon (moon with orange color which is actually looks orange because of dust in the air near our planet Earth). So, people see it! Go and see it, you'll see the harvest moon, and the moon will be near the autumnal equinox on the 22nd, if I not mistaken. But hey, you can see the moon in orange color. Most importantly this Saturday if you see the moon, you can spot a bright star below the moon, it's Mars! No kidding... if you see the moon rises just after sunset, you can spot a bright star appears near the Eastern horizon (again here, if I not mistaken) which again is Mars. Surprise? You should be, 'coz you always thought of bright stars will always be stars, but a bright star can also be a planet. That's why people like Galileo can observe the Universe because there are 5 planets visible to the naked eyes, you should know Venus, Mercury, Mars and Jupiter (am I correct, I don't exactly remember the 5 planets closest to Sun heheh)... and during sunset/sunrise, you might find a really small black dot on the Sun, not the sunspot.. but i can be Venus or Mercury... shocking? Shouldn't be, I saw a picture taken from university area of the Sun with a black dot... seriously, it's the truth! Ask my lecturer then, she'll explain better :D I learn a lot from her class, even after 3 weeks of class I'm so amazed knowing that old lady with grey hair teaching Astronomy. But, mannn she's damn good in science especially in Astronomy. The textbook is right now the 9th edition, I could imagine how long she'd been using the textbook, coz I saw the 1st edition of the textbook in library which was published around 1980. Yep, I'm amazed that I learn stuffs about Astronomy from a very old lady... but I adore her eagerness and enthusiasm when teaching the class... she's so motivating and full of scietific jokes, we enjoy her class!

______________________________
I don't know whether you people out there can see the harvest moon... but people in America, do enjoy it! I still remember how big the moon is in the desert city of Las Vegas... the full moon was really big which sometimes stole my sight from the road... memang bahaya, but God's creation is sooo great! I'm amazed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home