Tuesday, July 04, 2006

La la la la... I'm driving Chevy Aveo... ehem, not mine, just got a temporal job to do, assigned by my uncle who trusts me very well :D So, I am asked to pick up his son, definitely my cousin la, and send him back home. It's that simple, which I should not say simple as it sounds. So, tomorrow I will have something to do, instead of posting online application and sending CV to HR Dept.

What can I say, I am unemployed unwillingly. But, one thing my uncle told me is to be firm in your decision. An example was given from his department, who is a scholar of TM, kept complaining about low salary and better opportunity with different companies. He was scolded by my uncle for being stupid. Yes, it is not wrong to complain, but it is wrong to be ungrateful for being sponsored and asking for better rewards. You either say alhamdu liLLAH, or shut your mouth! Then, my uncle said, some people they went to study abroad, but they came back and still use English with local dialect, (smells like budu and belacan, suddenly crossed my mind). This reminds me of my own experience. Twice happened to me being asked by English speaker after hearing my English. To me, these instances are still unexpected. Once, an old man asked me whether all Malaysians can speak English very well like I do, which I doubt I speak English fluently as I pronouce word by word like snail :p Another instance was during my trip to New York, I sat beside one old lady from Britain, she said my English is excellent after a year living in the States, I only smiled partially buying to the praise. I am still doubt about my English proficiency, but maybe I am doing fine without realizing. Yes, I know it should be 's' instead of 'z' coz I am already in the land of Malaysia.

What the heck am I saying? Praising myself, not really. It's just a reminiscence kept in my heart. I still need to find something worth doing and contributive to my improvement. Just because others can do better, does not mean I can do better the way they did it. I need to find my own tune, progressing with the first step. Probably not with the first step, maybe after couple steps. As what I believe and being told, be an observer, speaks your stand firmly without holding back or saying "Wait aaa, I'll check back" after presenting your point(s). Owh, come on... I need to improve my elaboration. Could not think properly, and failed to arrange words and ideas cohesively.

Mannn, I'd yawned too much.

______________________
Got work to do, work to do... tomorrow should be fun and funnier than today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home