Thursday, November 25, 2004

How Well Is...

A question for economists is how well is the government playing its role representing for the public in term of economic well being?

The problem is, there is that a problem in economy can be caused by politicians and leaders who have their own personal plans and targets without understanding the real effects to the economy. For example, in social issue in Malaysia, how demanding is the PLKN programs according to the public themselves without any reasoning from government? I mean, why not the government ask the people without doing things by themselves having a blind assumption that the people will agree with all the programs they plan for the country. The sad thing is the public are ignorant about the economy where they don't really understand how the economy works.

Coz the economy in our country is not hundred percent capitalist, also I must state here not hundred percent Islamic economy too, the government intervention is actually not effective and problematic to the non-Islamic economic system. For the capitalist, the economy has a characteristic of self-fixing. The economy will fix itself in the long run though it might need 'sacrifices' and cause hard times in the short run. Again, the public never know about this coz what they see is all in term of short run progression, but actually the government should explain to the people what is their long run goals of all the actions taken in the present.

Here in USA, I watch the public channel broadcasting somewhat old fashion program but it helps to inform the people how the economy runs. The title is Economy USA which I find very informative for the public from my point of view as a student majoring in Economics. This program really and really and really makes me think of planning the same kind of informative program to inform the public in Malaysia. Will it be okay to name the program something like "Ekonomi Kita" or maybe "Ekonomi dan Kita." Haha, I feel kinda funny to think about this coz I barely see the government intervention is well understood by the consumers in our country.

_________________________
What can you all do? Learn at least the fundamental principles of how the economy runs... The most basic principle is, people demand infinitely but the economy could not fulfill all demands coz we don't have enough resources, for example is the global oil supply which is facing shortage of supply coz we are running out of supply from existing oil resources... that's why our country is fighting with the neighboring country over the new oil source found near Sabah...

p/s: I just making up something informative by myself to share my bad understanding about economy :p but trust me, we should understand the economy so we could consult our government better in provinding the social benefits and needs economically... we don't want to have an economy that only benefits a particular group in our society. Our economy is for everyone to enjoy the prosperity. How long we gonna let the bureaucracy (err how to spell birokrasi :D) to make such problematic hold backs, for an instance, to our service of public medical treatment? This is not efficient to the economy in term of social benefits... haha one more time i'm making a statement which cannot be used as something because all I typed here are all sound statements hehe... up to those reading this concern to judge and see how well my statements follow the economic principle(s)... I just wanna encourage the concern to the public in the economy so to help running the economy collectively... err better stop here than making any other floating statement. wachaa, let's reduce government intervention so we can import more foreign cars and benefit from the AFTA, see how unreasonable is the duty on importing foreign automotives... crazy laws! I tell you what I learn, imposing tariff is really a social lost to us the public, seriously this is what I had learned!! Believe me!! -end-

"I don't wanna oppose our government coz I don't wanna create any chaos, what I want is a just economic system which provides fair treatment to every member in our society. Our economy is not for the upper class or to the leaders who we expect from them to bring prosperities, but let not them to act freely without putting us into the frame and the process too. Don't oppose our government, but help our government so all of us can enjoy the benefits of all the prosperities socially and economically along with maintaining the peace and harmony. Don't say that I only think about the economy only from an economic perspective, economy is a social science which I must say here that we have to make sure the economy effectively is working for the society."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home