Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Fall Semester Has Begun

At last new semester has begun. Quite a bit tough for this sem 'coz most of the subjects need a lot of reading and calculation.

ENGL 002 - Rhetoric and Composition 2
Just a normal English class like before. I assume the lesson will be using the same methods of teaching. But still a tough subject for ppl llike who is not so good in English. In ENGL 001 we learn for academic discourse and conventions, but in this course we gonna learn for the public sphere (i.e. public discourse and convention). Hope I can do better than before 'coz English kind of killing my concentration with the heavy work loads.

MATH 080 - Calculus 1
Imagine, first class in Calculus 1, the lecturer asked questions used by Microsoft to interview its new employees. From the survey, only 25 percent able to solve and answer the given problems, and it is the reason why the lecturer throw that challenging questions in her lecture. Who knows, she said Bill Gates is a good friend of his dad. Let's forget about yesterday, 'coz today I went for the tutorial. It's my first time being in a tutorial class. Hmmph, not bad 'coz the TA (teaching assistant) was a student from Marquette and the most important is she's from South East Asia, precisely she's from Indonesia (hehe boleh la cakap BM lepas ni walaupun dalam Indon ;p)

THEO 106 - Christian Theology Throughout Century
The most thrilling class for sure Christian Theology where I'm the only Malaysian in that class and I know nothing much about Christianity. Somehow, I still wanna understand their belief and faith 'coz kind of studying Comparative Religion in UIAM but only the difference is I learn from a real priest. Know what the lecturer said? He told the class why he teach theology class. Guess what, he said he had personally experienced Jesus Christ by himself. I don't know what he meant by that, and he added that Jesus (he meant his God) had reordered his life which he said was at the beginning was disorder. That's why he said he feel peace and harmony by remembering God all the time in his life. And he tries to let others feel what he had experienced before (masa ni yg buat aku takut sket bila dengar).

ECON 174 - Introduction to Mathematical Economics
Interesting class 'coz we used book written by the lecturer himself and also the second author of the book was my Econs lecturer who taught ECON 044 (Principles of Macroecons) during Summer 2003. Hope I can get a hold with this subject 'coz it's quite important for my major i.e. Economics (jangan salah, I'm not bus or acc student okay?). Haa the most catching part in the introduction class was the lecturer's face. Really looks like an economist, with his hairy beard with long mustache which make me feel afraid at the beginning but at the end he has the same style like Dr Nourzad (my ECON 044 lecturer). Anyway, Econs still a good subject that anyone should learn!!!

PHIL 050 - Philosophy of Human Nature
Another subject that requires lots of reading. What a surprise, most students in the class are females, waaa so clean maa my eyes (kalau puasa bersih mata tapi abis la pahala camni dah kelas every Thursday tu). But still an interesting subject. First class, questions raised by the lecturer was related to life especially like, "who am I?" or "what is knowledge?". Best!!! but dunno whatasay 'coz really focuses on reading and discussions, luckily no quizzes fuh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home