Tuesday, September 02, 2008

When oil prices declined

Bet people are enjoying the news when oil prices dropped to a 7-month 5-month low, to USD108 per barrel. So, expect more fuel price lower adjustment to come, you dream. We'll see what may happen. Still it's a good news for many. But the truth is, when prices increased, they hardly come down, i mean general prices. Except if you have a deflation (declining prices), so the general prices could be lower in comparison to past periods. How do we do it? Reduce consumption.

I allow myself only to talk about foods, but try not to buy them. My wife teases me it's only 2nd day of Ramadhan. I said I wanna try doing it until end of Ramadhan, or perhaps be my old self again. I used to starve when I walk around town, but my mom disagreed for seeing me running to kitchen every time I got back home. After 4 years away from home, I changed my lifestyle. Today, I can't really stand feeling hungry, that explains my size today. So, not only I want to see deflation in general prices, I want to be my old me.

Another goal set is to read the Quran everyday. Used to compete with my siblings to finish the whole Quran before the end of Ramadhan (how I missed the old days, again). Hope I am up to the challenge. Been thinking how my parent managed his time, coz I am struggling with my daughter crying and helping wife to do some chores. Writing this entry is to tell myself, I have my parents as a role model for them being able to raise all 8 of us prove they are great! Not having enough sleep should be normal when you become a parent. Now, I face the same experience shared by my friend, you didn't realise you fall asleep just when you close your eyes, and the next already started when you open you eyes. It's fun anyway, always telling myself and wife, our parents used to stay up all day for us, it's now our turn.

Life is beautiful, hardships make me feel I am alive. The way we live explains the developments in the economy, how our shopping madness is translated by the general price level. But, raising a family is not about choice, it's about responsibility and mandate. I'm still too young to talk about parenthood. No turning back, I'm a father at 24. That's a fact.

>>> Masuk hari ini dah 4 hari Jihah tak 'beol,' Mama Abah risau. Harap tak jejaskan kesihatan Jihah yang sekarang dah 5.8 kilo. Hari-hari Abah angkat berat sebab hari-hari juga Jihah meragam.
>>> Abah selalu kata Jihah akan tinggi 6 kaki pasal Mama kata Jihah tinggi. Banding dengan dua pupu Jihah yang 3 bulan lagi tua, memang Jihah nampak tinggi dan besar.

___________________________
Bila sesuatu yang dicita ibubapa tak tercapai, biasanya akan didoakan untuk anaknya. Sekarang baru benar-benar faham sebab sedang merasa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home